My two cents, that is...
This is the most special time of year in the poker world. Thousands of professional poker players fly into Las Vegas for part or all of the six-week long World Series of Poker. Many thousands more who aren't professionals but love the game fly in to check out the spectacle that surrounds the WSOP. They are on a much tighter budget, but want to have a taste of the most anticipated, intense, grandiose and celebratory poker gathering each year. They too want to take a shot, but there is no ...
Poker Curious News and Promos
Rake is the term for what poker players pay to play poker on a poker site. Rake is how poker rooms make money. The poker sites deducts a certain amount from every cash game pot, or have the player pay an extra fee on top of the buy in for every tournament and Sit and Go. The poker sites average a 5% rake across all their games. With the volume of players and hands, that accumulates into a tremendous amount of money. Rakeback is simply a discount you receive back from the rake you pay in.
Success and failure. We think of them as opposites, but they are really not. They're companions - the hero and the sidekick - Laurance Shames
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 2: Courtney and Cheong Lead Final
- World Series of Poker National Championship Day 1: Vornicu Leads as 62 Advance
- 2013 WPT Championship Day 5: Negreanu Bubbles Final Table; Rheem and Lindgren Lead
- Ben "Bttech86" Tollerene Joins 3Bet Poker Clothing Team
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 1: Silverman, Timoshenko in Front
- GPI Player of the Year: Small Shake Up in the Top 10; Mercier Jumps to No. 15
- Survivor's "Boston" Rob Mariano on Poker, Daniel Negreanu's Reality TV Aspirations & More