I recently had a very unsatisfying series of interactions with my satellite TV provider, DirectTV. While their customer and technical support staff were extremely pleasant, patient and professional, they were greatly hampered in delivering what every customer wants; to be "heard" with responsive and considerate action taken to deliver reasonable value for our investment. I commend them on opening up our talks by thanking me for my 14 years of subscription, but they were never able to demonstrate that appreciation...
Poker Curious News and Promos
Rake is the term for what poker players pay to play poker on a poker site. Rake is how poker rooms make money. The poker sites deducts a certain amount from every cash game pot, or have the player pay an extra fee on top of the buy in for every tournament and Sit and Go. The poker sites average a 5% rake across all their games. With the volume of players and hands, that accumulates into a tremendous amount of money. Rakeback is simply a discount you receive back from the rake you pay in.
Learning how to lose is as important as learning how to win. In the long run, the players who can manage themselves and their bankrolls in tough times will build their characters and be stronger and better for the experience. - Jennifer Harman
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 2: Courtney and Cheong Lead Final
- World Series of Poker National Championship Day 1: Vornicu Leads as 62 Advance
- 2013 WPT Championship Day 5: Negreanu Bubbles Final Table; Rheem and Lindgren Lead
- Ben "Bttech86" Tollerene Joins 3Bet Poker Clothing Team
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 1: Silverman, Timoshenko in Front
- GPI Player of the Year: Small Shake Up in the Top 10; Mercier Jumps to No. 15
- Survivor's "Boston" Rob Mariano on Poker, Daniel Negreanu's Reality TV Aspirations & More