The ACH transfer hit my bank account today. Every American poker player who played on Full Tilt Poker has been waiting these last 34 months since poker's Black Friday to receive their funds back (roughly $82 million I'm told). Mine wasn't a large amount (<$1000) as I had been intentionally keeping my account balance light at the time. Rather it was the principle of returning money that didn't belong to Full Tilt Poker or to the U.S. Government. For me it provided some closure and an artificial but symbolic ending to...
Poker Curious News and Promos
Rake is the term for what poker players pay to play poker on a poker site. Rake is how poker rooms make money. The poker sites deducts a certain amount from every cash game pot, or have the player pay an extra fee on top of the buy in for every tournament and Sit and Go. The poker sites average a 5% rake across all their games. With the volume of players and hands, that accumulates into a tremendous amount of money. Rakeback is simply a discount you receive back from the rake you pay in.
The only bad luck for a good gambler is bad health. Any other setbacks are temporary aggravation. - Benny Binion
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 2: Courtney and Cheong Lead Final
- World Series of Poker National Championship Day 1: Vornicu Leads as 62 Advance
- 2013 WPT Championship Day 5: Negreanu Bubbles Final Table; Rheem and Lindgren Lead
- Ben "Bttech86" Tollerene Joins 3Bet Poker Clothing Team
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 1: Silverman, Timoshenko in Front
- GPI Player of the Year: Small Shake Up in the Top 10; Mercier Jumps to No. 15
- Survivor's "Boston" Rob Mariano on Poker, Daniel Negreanu's Reality TV Aspirations & More