Six months after initially applying, being interviewed, passed over and with multiple follow-ups, I received a brief email that began "I appreciate your tenacity regarding the job at XXXX."
She paid me a high compliment considering for many years of my life I really had no idea what tenacity was.
1. the quality or fact of being able to grip something firmly; grip. 2. the quality or fact of being very determined; determination. 3. the quality or fact of continuing to exist, persistence....
Poker Curious News and Promos
Rake is the term for what poker players pay to play poker on a poker site. Rake is how poker rooms make money. The poker sites deducts a certain amount from every cash game pot, or have the player pay an extra fee on top of the buy in for every tournament and Sit and Go. The poker sites average a 5% rake across all their games. With the volume of players and hands, that accumulates into a tremendous amount of money. Rakeback is simply a discount you receive back from the rake you pay in.
More often, we end up regretting the chances in life we had, but didn’t take, than those chances that we took and wished we hadn’t. - Anonymous
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 2: Courtney and Cheong Lead Final
- World Series of Poker National Championship Day 1: Vornicu Leads as 62 Advance
- 2013 WPT Championship Day 5: Negreanu Bubbles Final Table; Rheem and Lindgren Lead
- Ben "Bttech86" Tollerene Joins 3Bet Poker Clothing Team
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 1: Silverman, Timoshenko in Front
- GPI Player of the Year: Small Shake Up in the Top 10; Mercier Jumps to No. 15
- Survivor's "Boston" Rob Mariano on Poker, Daniel Negreanu's Reality TV Aspirations & More